[vc_row][vc_column][trx_section][vc_tta_tabs][vc_tta_section title=”Highlights” tab_id=”1449208778331-f30d2fa3-c18c”][vc_column_text]
- Participating in a progressive surf camp with the Surf Sister instructors
- Exploring the tropical lush forest & pristine islands around Santa Catalina
- Enjoying uncrowded beaches and surf breaks in front of our beautiful eco-hotel
- Snorkelling in a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
- Enjoying the camaraderie of like-minded, female travellers
- Practicing yoga with a certified instructor
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Itinerary” tab_id=”1449208778879-fcec8e78-e9ba”][vc_column_text]
ITINERARY: Days 1 – 8
During our program, you will have the opportunity to participate in 4 yoga sessions, 5 progressive surf lessons and training accompanied by 3 delicious meals per day. Enjoy this slice of tropical paradise with the wonderful camaraderie of other like-minded souls.
We start with proper surfing technique, etiquette, equipment and ocean safety, and we leave lots of time each class to hit the surf to practice your new skills. As you progress through the week, experienced Surf Sister coaches will teach you all their secrets with the ultimate goal of riding a “green” peeling wave.
SURFING: Surf Sister‘s professional certified surf instructors have partnered with local surfers to ensure that you have the best experience possible in Panama. Santa Catalina Retreat is right in front of Playa Estero.
Our lessons are held at the warm waters of Playa Estero. A quiet, super fun and uncrowded beach break with a gentle sand bottom, breaking left and right – offering smaller more gentle waves for beginners on the south side and more challenging waves on the north. It is the perfect beach break to begin surfing. This is a little slice of paradise!
YOGA: Yoga is also a perfect compliment to surfing – developing your strength, flexibility and balance. Especially great for stretching out the shoulders, back and opening the hips after your surf session! Yoga is optional of course, but is included in the package and excellent for flexibility.
GROUP: Small group min 8 to max 14 persons
SCHEDULE: Your days will vary however the average day will look like…
Morning: Breakfast, Yoga, Surf Lesson
Noon: Lunch and rest
Afternoon: Free time to surf, activity, stretching
Evening: Dinner, evening activities
SNORKELLING: Coiba Island is one of Panama’s most beautiful places, a 1.5 hour fast boat ride from Playa Santa Catalina. Identified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 2005.
The beaches are exquisite and the island and surrounding areas offer some of the most spectacular diving and snorkelling in the world, in fact Coiba Island boats some of the largest marine bio-diversity on the planet. You are likely to see everything from dolphins, turtles, manta rays, octopus, sharks and an abundance of beautiful tropical fish. And depending on the season, you will also catch the whale migration. (snorkelling included, diving EXTRA)
SANTA CATALINA ISLAND: Chill out on the beautiful and secluded white sand beach of Santa Catalina Island. With its calm crystal blue waters, it’s the perfect
place to enjoy snorkeling around the reefs, beach-combing the majestic sands or take out a SUP board for a paddle
BONFIRE: Celebrate the open or closing or your retreat, with an intimate Bon Fire at secluded Santa Catalina Island, just as short 5min boat ride away from our town beach. This serene island is also the perfect place for quiet time, reflection and mediation.
– Diving – must be PADI certified
– Horseback Riding – $50USD
– Massages – $35-$50USD
MEALS & BEVERAGES:
– 3 delicious healthy meals per day, plus a welcome dinner on your arrival evening and departure morning breakfast.
– Guests will enjoy delicious healthy family style meals with a local flare.
– Breakfasts include a mix of local fresh fruit salads, yogurt, granola, eggs/omelets, pancakes, whole wheat toast and fresh breads from our local bakery, gluten free & vegan breakfast muffins, tea, coffee, juices and fruit smoothies.
– Lunches and dinners are primarily seafood given the abundance of fresh local organic seafood available – including red snapper, sea bass, tuna, mahi mahi, lobster, clams and shrimp, all served up by our local resident chefs in their own unique and flavoursome way.
– Meals are served with a variety of healthy sides including rice, plantains, yucca, various salads and soups, quinoa, beans, and fruit. A delicious variety of vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free meal plans are readily available. Meats and chicken are also available.
– Beverages include natural fruit smoothies with breakfast, natural fruit juices with lunch (all using local tropical fruits), and natural juice infused soda with dinner. For any additional food/ beverages guests desire beyond what is served at each meal, they can order and pay directly at the restaurant. We also have a bar available should any guests like to purchase wine, beer or cocktails at any time.
– Coffee, teas and fresh fruit are served every morning before the breakfast service. We have a chilled filtered water station for guest use at their leisure.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Important Info” tab_id=”1449289392103-be095264-cb20″][vc_column_text]PLEASE NOTE: This itinerary is subject to change. Although we always do our best to stick to the itinerary, due to the ever changing nature of our world, activities, hotels, and sites are subject to change due to forces beyond our control.
PASSPORTS: Must be valid for at least 6 months upon return date to your home country. Proper documentation is the responsibility of each traveller.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Inclusion & Exclusion” tab_id=”1449208780765-5fd2d40a-5e8d”][vc_column_text]TOUR INCLUSIONS:
- 1 night Panama City upon arrival (double occupancy)
– Group transfer to/from Santa Catalina
– 6 nights beachfront accommodation in Santa Catalina (double occupancy)
– 4 yoga classes
- 5 Progressive Surf Lessons with the SURF SISTERS
– Support of local surf guide
- Use of infinity pool, hammocks, ping pong tables, dart board etc
– Unlimited use of bikes, kayaks, SUP boards, surfboards, snorkels, and bodyboards
– All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) and non-alcoholic drinks with meals
– Bonfire excursion to an island for last night
– Snorkel trip with option to dive (diving is EXTRA and must be PADI certified) to Coiba Isand which is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
– SUP to Santa Catalina Island
• International flights (can be arranged through us [email protected])
• Mandatory travel medical insurance and optional cancellation insurance (can be arranged through us [email protected])
• Services not specified, meals not specified
• Please note that NO ACCOMMODATION is included on Mar 24th
• Expenses due to mishaps
• Tips for surf instructors, local guides, service staff, drivers, housekeeping, etc
• Alcohol, laundry or other personal expenses
• Departure taxes (if applicable)
– Though we will do our best to follow this itinerary as closely as possible, it is subject to change due to factors beyond our control
– Please note that it is the responsibility of each traveller to make sure they have the proper shots, documentation, etc.
– Passports MUST BE VALID FOR 6 MONTHS BEYOND YOUR RETURN DATE TO YOUR COUNTRY. Finisterra Travel is not responsible for improper documentation.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Surf Sister” tab_id=”1449223591510-29ce0fb2-4171″][vc_column_text]
Surf Sister was founded in 1999 to promote women’s surfing in Tofino and worldwide. Surf Sister’s goal is not to exclude men from our lessons, rather it’s to make sure that women feel included when trying surfing in Tofino for the first time.
All Surf Sister instructors meet the requirements for safety and training as determined by the British Columbia Association of Surf Instructors (BCASI) and hold certificates for Standard First Aid, CPR, and Lifesaving. We are also the only surf school in Canada to be accredited by the National Surf School and Instructors Association (NSSIA) which is the highest governing body in the surf instruction industry in North America.
So what are you waiting for? Join us for the experience of a lifetime. We’ll be out there having a blast, sharing our passion for waves.
Check out one of our surf videos from a staff trip to Taiwan HERE.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Pricing & Dates” tab_id=”1449223591510-29ce0fb2-4172″][vc_column_text]Date: Mar 17 – 24th, 2018
Full payment is due 60 prior to departure.