PANAMA Women’s Only SURF CAMP
Join us in the warm Panamanian waters for a progressive surf trip with SURF SISTER
Join the Surf Sisters for an amazing Panama surf camp! Surf Sister Surf School is offering another women’s only 8 Day progressive Surf & Yoga Retreat in beautiful Panama.
This surf camp is for the discerning adventure traveller. The surf-focused itinerary is sure to get you stoked on surfing and give you the skills and confidence you need to get into the water on your own. Each day will be complemented by daily yoga practice, stretching sessions, and camaraderie. Sorry fellas, this trip is only for our intrepid sisters!
Imagine a retreat in a tranquil, off-grid, unspoiled, and authentic surf town. A place where nature meets the local culture. A place where you can really tap out from city life and completely decompress.
Daily surf + yoga will invigorate your mind and body. Feel nourished in the goodness of local fresh fruits and local organic seafood each day. Revel in the raw natural beauty of Panama, connecting with our community of genuine friendly locals and like-minded travellers. Return home feeling more relaxed + refreshed than you’ve ever been.
This Surf Camp is best suited to those comfortable in the water, of moderate athletic ability, and of a beginner to advanced beginner level.
Book before July 30th, 2022, and receive a Tropical Bundle Bag from Worldly Girlies valued at $130.
Panama Surf Camp with Surf Sister
During this Panama Surf Retreat, you will have the opportunity to participate in 4 yoga sessions, 5 progressive surf lessons, free time for practicing your new surf skills, and training accompanied by 3 delicious meals per day. Enjoy this slice of tropical paradise with the wonderful camaraderie of other like-minded souls.
We start with proper surfing technique, etiquette, equipment, and ocean safety, and we leave lots of time each class to hit the surf to practice your new skills. As you progress through the week, experienced Surf Sister coaches will teach you all their secrets with the ultimate goal of riding a “green” peeling wave.
Please note that this Panama Surf Camp is geared towards women who love the water and are beginner/advanced beginner surfers.
Surf Sister‘s professional certified surf instructors have partnered with local surfers to ensure that you have the best experience possible in Panama. Santa Catalina Retreat is right in front of Playa Estero.
Our lessons are held at the warm waters of Playa Estero. A quiet, super fun, and uncrowded beach break with a gentle sand bottom, breaking left and right – offering smaller more gentle waves for beginners on the south side and more challenging waves on the north. It is the perfect beach break to begin surfing. This is a little slice of paradise!
Yoga is also a perfect complement to surfing – developing your strength, flexibility, and balance. Especially great for stretching out the shoulders, back and opening the hips after your surf session! Yoga is optional of course but is included in the package and excellent for flexibility.
Small group min 6 to max 10 people.
Your days will vary however the average day will look like…
Morning: Breakfast, Yoga, Surf Lesson
Noon: Lunch and rest
Afternoon: Free time to surf, activity, stretching
Evening: Dinner, evening activities
SNORKELLING: Coiba Island is one of Panama’s most beautiful places, a 1.5 hour fast boat ride from Playa Santa Catalina. Identified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 2005.
The beaches are exquisite and the island and surrounding areas offer some of the most spectacular diving and snorkelling in the world, in fact, Coiba Island boats some of the largest marine bio-diversity on the planet. You are likely to see everything from dolphins, turtles, manta rays, octopuses, sharks, and an abundance of beautiful tropical fish. And depending on the season, you will also catch the whale migration. (snorkelling included, diving EXTRA)
SANTA CATALINA ISLAND
Chill out on the beautiful and secluded white sand beach of Santa Catalina Island. With its calm crystal blue waters, it’s the perfect place to enjoy snorkeling around the reefs, beach-combing the majestic sands, or taking out a SUP board for a paddle
- Diving – must already be PADI certified
- Horseback Riding – $50USD (approx)
- Massages – $50USD (approx)
MEALS & BEVERAGES
- 3 delicious healthy meals per day, plus a welcome dinner on your arrival evening and departure morning breakfast.
- Guests will enjoy delicious healthy family-style meals with a local flare.
- Breakfasts include a mix of local fresh fruit salads, yogurt, granola, eggs/omelets, pancakes, whole wheat toast and fresh breads from our local bakery, gluten-free & vegan breakfast muffins, and tea, coffee, juices, and fruit smoothies.
- Lunches and dinners are primarily seafood given the abundance of fresh local organic seafood available – including red snapper, sea bass, tuna, mahi mahi, lobster, clams, and shrimp, all served up by our local resident chefs in their own unique and flavoursome way.
- Meals are served with a variety of healthy sides including rice, plantains, yucca, various salads and soups, quinoa, beans, and fruit. A delicious variety of vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free meal plans are readily available. Meats and chicken are also available.
- Beverages include natural fruit smoothies with breakfast, natural fruit juices with lunch (all using local tropical fruits), and natural juice infused soda with dinner. For any additional food/ beverages guests desire beyond what is served at each meal, they can order and pay directly at the restaurant. We also have a bar available should any guests like to purchase wine, beer, or cocktails at any time.
- Coffee, teas, and fresh fruit are served every morning before the breakfast service. We have a chilled filtered water station for guests use at their leisure.
Surf Sister was founded in 1999 to promote women’s surfing in Tofino and worldwide. Surf Sister’s goal is not to exclude men from our lessons, rather it’s to make sure that women feel included when trying surfing in Tofino for the first time.
All Surf Sister instructors meet the requirements for safety and training as determined by the British Columbia Association of Surf Instructors (BCASI) and hold certificates for Standard First Aid, CPR, and Lifesaving. We are also the only surf school in Canada to be accredited by the National Surf School and Instructors Association (NSSIA) which is the highest governing body in the surf instruction industry in North America.
So what are you waiting for? Join us for the experience of a lifetime. We’ll be out there having a blast, sharing our passion for waves.
Check out one of our surf videos from a staff trip to Sri Lanka HERE.
- International flights (can be arranged through us [email protected])
- Mandatory travel medical insurance and optional cancellation insurance (for a free quote click HERE)
- Services not specified, meals not specified
- Covid tests – PCR or Antigen tests
- Please note that NO ACCOMMODATION is included on Dec 8th
- Expenses due to mishaps
- Tips for surf instructors, local guides, service staff, drivers, housekeeping, etc
- Alcohol, laundry or other personal expenses
- Departure taxes (if applicable)
Visa & Passports
Travel Visa requirements and passports are the responsibility of the participants. Please note that most countries require passports to be valid for 6 months from the date of your return flight. We are not responsible if you are refused entry to a country because you lack the correct passport, visa, or other travel documentation (vaccinations, Covid PCR tests, etc).
Cancellation, Travel, Flight, and Health insurance are required and are the responsibility of the participant to research and secure the appropriate coverage. Click HERE for a Travel Insurance Quote or please email [email protected] for a quote.
Check with your local travel agent /insurance provider/health plan for advice about traveling overseas.
Ultimately, we want you to have peace of mind when you come with us and we’ll do everything we can to secure that. Please note that you can make a risk-free deposit with us that is fully refundable in most cases (minus the transaction fee of 5%) up to 60 days before departure or postpone at any time for free.
Since most of our trips are custom designed, we’re assessing the options and taking into account where we need to leave things open, remain flexible, or perhaps put two solutions in place. Our partners around the globe are incredible and our business relationships are built on trust really works for all sides.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding our Covid-19 policies.
JOIN OUR FINISTERRA COMMUNITY
Stay up-to-date with us when you sign up for our newsletter.